Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Fishless Cycle Update - 100L Tank

As you may or may not know I have started my 100L tank from scratch, a good few weeks ago. I'm doing a fishless cycle with it. Given the difficulties of acquiring exactly what is described as needed in the information linked. I had to resort to putting fish food in my tank everyday for 5 days and leaving that to decompose. (Something I was recommended from the Koko's).

In my previous post I wrote about how I could see a slight reading of Nitrites when I did the parameter test. Today, I got the following readings for Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate...


Ammonia = 4.0-8.0   Nitrite = 0.50-1.0   Nitrate = 0
Most importantly is that the Nitrites reading has jumped! It was barely purple yesterday now it's definitely unmistakeable. I'm rather happy with these results! It means we are closer to adding to our fish collection and family hehe! *insert happy dance*

No comments:

Post a Comment