Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fish - Not yet!

Thankfully, with the help of members from Kokos Goldfish Forum, I was introduced to information about tank cycling before getting my fish! I would have had them today had have I not been told about it. Bit of a bummer, however, I would rather have healthy, strong and happy fish!!! So, I have no issues waiting that little bit more.

I have been doing my research on the Tank Cycle and learning the ways of how to go about it. At the moment I'm looking at my options on how I am going to do it. I did attempt to jump start the cycle of my tank using API's "Quick Start" water treatment formula, however I found that the water parameters have not changed at all from the readings I took prior to putting Quick Start in my tank. The option I'm currently looking into is obtaining established filter media for my filter, which will make for an instant cycle to occur (ie. won't take a month).

Also, I've been looking into what I can feed my future fish. I've learnt that they like peas, pumpkin, zucchini, even steamed carrot some other research of mine has told me. Check this out Solid Gold's "Goldfish Food Frenzy" video on youtube!

I have been glued to Kokos Goldfish Forum it's amazing. So much information, and lovely people as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment