Sunday, November 18, 2012

Fishless Cycle - Update

So today is day 8 since starting the cycle. This is what the past week looked like in regards to food,

Sunday 11 - Food
Monday 12 - Food
Tuesday 13 - Food
Wednesday 14 - Food
Thurday 15- Food
Friday 16 -  Nil
Saturday 17 - Food
Sunday 18 - Nil

I put food in on Saturday because my tanks ammonia levels were still quite low after 6 days.

Today the ammonia level is at 2.0 - 4.0ppm, Nitrites are at 0 still and so is Nitrates.

Just a matter of waiting a whole heap now.

Also, quick tip - if you need to cycle your tank with food like I have - put the food in a nylon stocking or mesh bag!! I didn't do this and I wish I had (messy).

I freaked out because I saw these moving dots along the inside of the tank! They may be a harmles bug thing, or small airbubbles caught in the biofilm that's formed on the glass according to some lovely people on Kokos.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment